Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone had to deal with bi coastal visits with father when baby is only 4months!

my boyfriend recently moved to the east coast and wants to see our son every other month for two weeks..but i just dont know if i can let my baby be gone that long across the country!!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Relationships

Answers (3)
  • I would not allow it. No way. Dont even let him consider it. He moved, why should baby suffer. If you are breastfeeding too, it will wreak havoc. Let him come and stay in hotel for 2 weeks, and see her for the normal visitation during that time whatever it is.

    Answer by onlycathyo at 8:07 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

  • If he is the one who moved, then the courts will dictate the amount of time in which he will be allowed to see his child... and even if you are not trying to be difficult in the situation, you might be surprised and they may require that he remain in your state during the visit. It never hurts to check it out with a family adviser! :)

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

  • thanks for the advice!

    Answer by macklyn at 9:38 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.