Anyone get pregnnat within days of stopping birth cnotrol?

So I was just reading about the Rebound Effect. Its the theory that getting pregnant during your first ovulation after discontinuing birth control increases your chances of having twins. I was wondering if anyone had this experience if so what birth control were you on?

MommyTanisha

Asked by MommyTanisha at 10:38 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• YUP! I was supposed to get a shot the first to the month, but we wanted to get pregnant some time soon (Ha Ha) and by the end of the month I was pregnant. I was told it would take at least 3 months to become pregnant and that was if I was lucky.

But I was one of those who only had to THINK about being pregnant .... lol

First child - Depo shot
    Then the pill and I was pregnant with twins but miscarried
    Second child was about a month after the miscarriage - no problems
    I have 2 great kids and now my tubes are tied up tight!
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 10:46 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• They don't recommend getting pregnant immediately after, and my experience is probably proof. I got pregnant within days of going off of the pill, and miscarried.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:56 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I got pregnant immediately after unexpectedly and have a healthy baby boy
    snapdragon87

Answer by snapdragon87 at 11:25 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• i stopped bc in august and am still trying. this and lots and lots of yogurt is apparenlty supposed to make you hyperovulate, meaning a greater chance of twins, but not in every situation. i guess to if you take bc during different times of the day like say i took it at 10am today, but i don't take it until 5pm tomorrow. between 10am and 5pm tomorrow, your body is apparently hyperovulating then too. thats just what i heard though, not really sure if it's true, but it does make sense to me.
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 11:35 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• first one was preg 3 months after stopping bc (pill) second one wasnt trying & got preg within a month( was on the ring & missed my day to put it in) next thing I knew couldnt use it at all lol
    My_o_me_x_3

Answer by My_o_me_x_3 at 11:46 PM on Oct. 24, 2010