having a baby early

if u had ur baby early how early and what was the health of the baby?

twimommy

Asked by twimommy at 10:57 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• I had my first born at 35 weeks. He suffered major respiratory failure and had to be resuscitated after birth. He spent 7 days in the NICU recovering before coming home.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 10:58 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• is he ok now?
    twimommy

Comment by twimommy (original poster) at 10:59 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• 34 weeks. he had e-coli from my water being broken for a while but besides that he was perfectly healthy! he was in the NICU for a week and then came home and hes perfectly healthy to this day :)
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:00 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Doctors believe he is slightly autistic, but there has been shown to be a link between pitocin to induce labor and autism. I personally believe he is just a bit delayed learning wise, and that he will catch up soon.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 11:03 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• My dd was born at 37 weeks, TECHNICALLY full term, but she was little (5lb 8oz) perfectly healthy, actually a BETTER breather then both my boys were (39&40 weeks)
    begamom

Answer by begamom at 11:12 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• My DD was born at 33 weeks due to severe preeclampsia. She weighed 2 lbs 15 oz and was 16 inches long. Since her body was under stress before birth, her lungs were already developed, so they didn't have to intubate her. She spent 28 days in the NICU to gain weight, and the only minor issues we had was her needing light treatment for jaundice one day and iron for anemia for just a week.

She's almost 3 now, and a very active, smart, and happy little girl. She finally got on the growth charts without adjustment at 2 years, and she's still smaller than most kids her age.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:19 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Well, I was full term, but not 40 weeks. I had her around 39 weeks (I had her 5 days before my original due date). My doctor and I figure that I had her somewhere between 37.5 weeks and 39 weeks. She was healthy, a little small (no one in my family has had a baby over 7.5lb in almost 70 years, though), and she was mildly jaundiced for a day and a half. Other than that, she was perfectly fine.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:33 AM on Oct. 25, 2010