How to get my son to wear underwear!!!!!!!!

My son is over 2. he uses the potty chair when he feels like it but not all the time and not to go poop yet. I can not get him to wear pull ups or underwear. I have even got him the same ones his dad wears and his brother. HE FREAKS OUT. I can't get him to tell me when he has to go number 2 yet. he will tell me when he has to pee but not all the time. I try to remember to ask him about ever hour. HELP!

PTBAAMom

Asked by PTBAAMom at 11:19 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Stop pushing, he's pushing back. I know it's hard. But I noticed when I backed off for awhile he did it on his own.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:22 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Did you let HIM pick out the underwear? Maybe get him ones with characters he likes.
    Anonymous

• With regard to the underwear: He may have a sensory disorder. My husband did/does and caused my MIL total grief when he as a toddler -- sock seams, tags in clothes, cuffs on shirts... UNDERWEAR -- He's in his 30's now and still won't wear 'em. My MIL wishes that she had just let it go decades ago rather than fight him for years. That would be my recommendation -- don't worry about it. It's small stuff. :)
    SBMommies

Answer by SBMommies at 11:24 PM on Oct. 24, 2010