what to drink when i hate water ...

I am almost 4 months preg.... When i first found out i was preg i cut out sodas completly(i LOVE SODA!!) and was only about drinking water (i HATE WATER) but now i find myself drinking less water and more juices or sodas (caffienee free) they say its important to drink water ...but can i be harming my baby by not drinking it ...

mommy2be0801

Asked by mommy2be0801 at 11:24 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes you definately need to drink water.. i hated water before i was pregnant but since having baby and whilst pregnant i actually drank alot of water.. if its the taste why dont you put in some fresh cut oranges or lemons to your water and leave ina bottle.
    you could add a dash of fruit cordial if you cant stand the taste.. its ok to have sodas but you should cut them down as much as possible.
    you need alot of water whilst pregnant so make sure you get as much into as you can.. try for at least 1-2 litres a day.
    coffe can also deplete the water in you. so make sure you limit your caffeine intake as much as you can.
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 11:28 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• IMO drinking to much caffeine is not good for you when pregnant.
    Have you drink the packets of flavor you can put in your water? Or Life Water as a alternative.
    tambam75

Answer by tambam75 at 11:29 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I can't say if you would be harming your baby, I am not 100% sure, but I am pretty sure that you would not be doing yourself any favors. Your body uses and holds onto so much more water when you are pregnant- increased blood volume, amniotic fluid, and just an increase in total body fluids (and of course the babies fluids). So basically you have to work at keeping all that fluid clean and fresh, which your body can't do well if you don't drink enough fluid every day. Soda either has sugar, sugar substitute and/or caffein, none of which are good for the baby. I don't think you HAVE to drink water, but it should be sugar and caffein free fluids. Soup, fruits, water-filled veggies will all count for good sources of water. And then get creative with beverages. Do you like milk, soy milk, almond milk? How about some flavors of herbal tea that you can drink hot or cold (maybe with a bit of honey if it helps).
    christinab313

Answer by christinab313 at 11:32 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I had the same problem when I was pregnant. I hate water. I drank a lot of juice and a lot of ginger ale, which is caffeine free. I think its more harmful to you then your baby, because you can get dehydrated easily. But I didn't water, i couldn't force myself lol. My son came out just fine and there weren't issues with the pregnancy
    prettypaper

Answer by prettypaper at 11:32 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Its possible to get UTI'S if you don't drink enough water...although it has been awhile it happened with my second son.....so yes it is important
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 11:35 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• its not that i dont drink water ... at least now i drink at max 2 cups a day .... i dont like things in my water (ive tried ) and i dont like the stuff to make it flavored or life water .... ive tried everything to get myself to drink more water but i cant seem to find the one thing that will keep me drinkin it all the time ...(besides the fact my baby needs it ) ....HELP(o n i dont like coffee i only drink sodas that are caffeine free...and that when we go out somewhere ...other wise i drink v8 ..oj...n milk )
    mommy2be0801

Comment by mommy2be0801 (original poster) at 11:35 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• i just mix like half a glass of oj with water, that way im getting my water and vitmin c.
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 11:42 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• im the SAME way but ive been drinkin caffinated pop this time around; crystal light singles are a perfect way to get the water down!!! i cut pop out the first time but couldnt/wouldnt do it this time, so ive been drinkin more water(crystal light) lol
    My_o_me_x_3

Answer by My_o_me_x_3 at 11:42 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I like to drink 100 percent juices and milk.. also, I drink Kool-Aid with less sugar than normal..
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 11:45 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• just drink it? make it really cold and just suck it up and drink it... that is what i did and stopped pop cold turkey lost 50lbs in 2 months from just cutting out all that un needed sugar/calories
    alcnic27

Answer by alcnic27 at 11:49 PM on Oct. 24, 2010