How can I adopt without an agency?

Iwantababygirl

Asked by Iwantababygirl at 11:24 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Adoption

• Be a foster parent. That's how my neighbor adopted her baby.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:26 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Really, if you look at her profile, she was here asking these questions on July 26 and July 27th. She was told to go through an agency, as proper channels, but she did not like those responses. I think she is looking for something illegal here.

Anonymous

• i love when people answer anonymously as if they cant own up to there opinions. I find it so funny.
    But yeah my aunt did that as well, it may have taken longer then some adoption agencies but she is now a proud parent in the end
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 11:31 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• You seriously need to go through the proper channels, regardless of what this meagan person says. I did look at her profile and you are right, she was trying to find this information out back in July.

SO< LISten up. PROPER ChANNEls!
    anony-mous

Answer by anony-mous at 11:38 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Why would you NOT want to go through an agency? I would want to make sure everything was legal and straight in the adoption.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 11:43 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Yeah, come to think of it.....if you are looking for an easy way to adopt a baby, you won't find one. It's never an easy process, and it takes time, money, and work no matter what.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:44 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• You don't have to go through an agency to make sure everything is straight with adoption, just getting that straight though. If it is official in front of judge, then it is. I don't agree with cutting corners to adopt a child, but there is also more than one way to adopt a child is all I'm getting at.. :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:46 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• What exactly do you mean by "without and agency"?
    There is no way to adopt without having to get a homestudy, even with a private adoption or adoption of a relative's child. An adoption agency usually does the homestudy. Even if you adopt through foster care there is still a homestudy and that is going to be done by an agency.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:48 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Thankyou maggiemom! LOL that's what I was getting at. :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:55 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• You can easily adopt without using an agency. There is foster to adopt. There are lawyers. There are facilitators.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:43 AM on Oct. 25, 2010