what impression will you leave behind?

My husband's mother was an awesome single parent of New York, homeowner, foster parent who had two jobs passed away last week. She was an inspiration to me and inspired me to meet other parents who make a difference in the world everyday. She welcomed teenaged parents into her home who didn't have anything. She held down two jobs all while taking care of my husband, his brother and their adopted sister who is now 11 years old. She graduated college, worked at CBS, worked at a group home for pregnant teens and took in teens who had children and continuedto do that up until the day she passed. She truly inspired me to do something amazing with my life! Her bright smile and kind words of inspiration would always lift you up and motivate you. She became ill and passed away October 16 at the age of 45. My question to you is what impression will you leave behind?

dsbishop22

Asked by dsbishop22 at 11:25 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• nothing worth remembering
    Anonymous

• That is absolutely wonderful and she was amazing. I could never achieve that.

I have no idea how I will be remembered. LOL. I am a good gramma. A good MOM? I don't know. Honest.Hard-working?II left an abusive marriage and I have been able to take care of myself,own a home,have great jobs and friends. But...that still doesn't seem to amazing! :-) Kind of ordinary.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:34 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I hope to leave behind compassion and love to my children. I also want them to know that they are capable of doing anything that they set their minds to do. I also want them to be happy.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:42 AM on Oct. 25, 2010