y wont my son sleep

it takes him forever to go to sleep and he wont fall asleep in his bed he falls asleep on my sofa then i carry him to his room and thats were he stays

mommy501

Asked by mommy501 at 11:29 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• because he's a kid and some kids don't sleep...it all depends on how you put him to sleep as a baby. if you rocked him all the time, then that's what he'll want all the time. if you let him fall asleep with you all the time, then that's what he wants and is used to. maybe he's scared of the dark? does he have a nightlight, or do you keep the bathroom/hall light on for him at least until he falls asleep? do you keep the door cracked open for him? there can be so many things, if it's a recent thing, maybe he's not feeling well. really, you need to give a bit more info for a real answer to your question.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:40 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I agree with pp- you don't have much info for anyone to offer help. Maybe he is used to going to sleep that way, maybe because he is a kid and just doesn't want to go to bed and you have let him fall asleep on the couch. My 2y old had nights that she would take forever to fall asleep (just talked in her bedroom for ages) and I finally realized that she was just ready for a slightly later bedtime.
    christinab313

Answer by christinab313 at 12:06 AM on Oct. 25, 2010