Intimidated by Sarah Palin????

After reading numerous election posts, I wonder why so many people are or appear to be intimidated by Sarah Palin? What is so bad about her being the running mate of McCain? Why is she always attacked? She is married, a Governor, mother to 5 children, one with special needs. I would think that more women would be interested in learning more about her plans for those special needs children instead of always bashing her. She and the mothers of these children could make such great strides for the special needs community. I am just curious as to why she is so hated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I think some people are jealous of her. I think we need some one in office who is like the everyday family. I love her to death, even though I havent met her.  She will do wonderful things for the families who have special needs children. My dd has special needs and it has been tough and I know things that Palin will be facing with her son will be hard and she will hopefully make the system a little easier to navigate through.

Anonymous

• I wonder where the NOW women are? They are supposed to be for women's rights but they are no where to be found. I guess you have to be a democrat or liberal to fit into their elitist group.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 8:01 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Do you suppose that she threatens feminist people because she did NOT choose abortion? Or maybe having conservative values makes her a threat? I'm with you - the high level of emotions makes no sense. ... perhaps the fact that she brings a LOT of executive government background makes a threatening comparison with Obama ... and she is young so they have to stop harping on how old McCain is ... ?
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 8:02 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I'm sure she's a nice enough person, but I don't see her as in any way qualified to be VP. I also completely disagree with all of her beliefs. I don't like her for the same reason I don't like McCain...I don't agree with their policies. There's nothing sexist about it.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 8:02 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• A lot of people are intimidated by strong women.
    Anonymous

• StarLee: I'm sure she's a nice enough person, but I don't see her as in any way qualified to be VP. I also completely disagree with all of her beliefs. I don't like her for the same reason I don't like McCain...I don't agree with their policies. There's nothing sexist about it.

Thanks for being civil about your response. I'm not the OP, but I figured there would probably be a lot of bashing going on in this one when I read it.

I respect that many don't like her or agree with her, but I can't stand it when the name-calling/nastiness starts. No different than when people start in on Obama in my opinion.
    Anonymous

• I don't agree with most of her policies and ideals.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:07 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Nope... not intimidated. I just don't like her.
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 8:09 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I wonder where the NOW women are? They are supposed to be for women's rights but they are no where to be found.

Palin is not for women's right
    Anonymous

• Most women like and support Sarah Palin...don't let the media think that it is the other way around...the only women that don't like her are feministas and who really listens to them anyway ;)
    Anonymous