When can my baby eat pureed meats?

She has been eating pureed fruits and vegis for about a month now. She will be 6 months old in a couple of days.

butterfly2880

Asked by butterfly2880 at 11:35 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• eeewww never lol. wait till about 8 months and give her real meat.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:37 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• she can have it now, they actually now say to start with meats(was just on THE DR'S the other day)
    alcnic27

Answer by alcnic27 at 11:45 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Actually, meat is an excellent food source for infants, however, infants should be A MINIMUM of 6 months before ANY solid foods are introduced. However, if you have already given her food, then she can have meats too. Meat is better than infant cereal (which really isn't good for them at all) at supplying iron. If you are into making your own baby food, well cooked (I like to pressure steam them) liver is an awesome source of nutrition. Liver is like a super food providing iron, folic acid, and TONS of vitamins and minerals. More than most veggies! Good luck!
    -crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 11:45 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• The American Academy of Pediatrics says they can have meat after 6 months. Skip the baby food. Its nasty and start giving tiny bits of chicken :) My doc had me give it to my son in jar form at 5 months. Im waiting till 6 months next time with any food and skipping the jars. Bleck :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:15 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I know most mamas think baby food meat is gross- and it is, but I found that it was easy to mix in with other foods. I made things like veggy soup that I would put a scoop of puree meat in or mix it into green beans.
    christinab313

Answer by christinab313 at 12:20 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• she can have it now, they actually now say to start with meats(was just on THE DR'S the other day

I used to watch that...funny, they also said to wait till after 6 months to offer solids. this includes cereal
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:48 PM on Oct. 25, 2010