What kind of casserole dishes do they have to hold soup to keep it warm?

I'm making a soup for church and I need a casserole type pot to keep my soup warm.What kind of soup pot should I look for, the name of it,and the store you got it at.Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Just use a crock pot or a slow cooker on low.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:40 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Yeah, slow cooker will keep it hot, definately.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 11:41 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I would use a crock pot, also called a slow cooker. It is like a ceramic pot that fits into a metal larger pot and plugs in- it will keep your soup warm for hours and if you don't have one you will be able to cook meals in it for your family. Maybe that is not the kind of dish you were thinking of, but I would not use anything else. You can buy them at WalMart, Target, KMart...or anywhere that sells kitchen stuff, just ask a sales rep to help.
    christinab313

Answer by christinab313 at 11:43 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I too would use my crock pot...love it
    mom4jimbo

Answer by mom4jimbo at 12:01 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• If a crock pot is out of the question, you want to get a STOCK POT - you can get them pretty much anywhere, but the quality will be different. You can get them for really cheap, or you can spend a LOT on one. Wal-Mart has some decent ones for a variety of prices if you're in a hurry & can't spend a lot, but I really really really love Princess House cookware!

But, you can get a crock pot for cheaper than stock pots if you look - I just saw some nice ones at Wal-Mart today for $20-30 - that would really be your best bet, you'll get more use out of it in the long run than a stock pot!
    Anonymous

• I use my slowcooker

Answer by rkoloms at 5:02 AM on Oct. 27, 2010