How long did your bleeding last after you gave birth?

I have 14 days with this and am wondering when is going to go away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I bled for just over 2 weeks, but have heard it is not uncommon to bleed for 6-8.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 11:55 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I bled for two weeks non stop with my first then spotted on and off for another two weeks. (he was breastfed)
    With my second I bled non stop for three weeks and it lightened but was nonstop for another two weeks. Stopped from Thursday to Saturday and my first period started. (He was formula fed (( milk protein allergy))
    My body reacted MUCH differently between breastfeeding and not. So depending if you are or not could change your answer.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 11:57 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Mine lasted about 4-6 weeks, heavy the first two spotting the first two then lightening. DO NOT have intercourse until after the 6 weeks though- infection and making the bleeding start again.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 11:59 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I think it lasted for about 2-3 weeks, but may have had spotting a little longer.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 12:04 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• about 2 weeks heavy and then spotty for another 2 - 4 weeks. It varied. Been pregnant a few times
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:07 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• 7 weeks, both times.

Also, you can have sex again as soon as you feel ready as long as th ebleeding has stopped. If it starts again it will be light and short, and infection isn't a risk after the first two weeks. The cervix closes very quickly. Just be aware that the hormonal shifts make vaginal dryness a problem for a lot of women right after childbirth, and for some, as long as they are breastfeeding (FTR, I don't have that problem and I exclusively breastfeed for 6 months, then for 2+ years with complimentary foods).

Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:16 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• 3 1/2 weeks post-c-section. Then I got my period at 4 weeks.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:23 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• 3-4 weeks.
    KileighR

Answer by KileighR at 12:29 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Mine lasted about 6 weeks...of course by week 3 it was really light and hardly there...
    Limarey

Answer by Limarey at 12:39 AM on Oct. 25, 2010