Pooping problems

My two and a half month old does not go poop everyday. He may go today and then not again for 2 or 3 days. Is this normal? I have asked the dr and they don't seem to be concerned about it. He doesn't act like he is in pain or anything. We have tried to give him diluted baby apple juice and sometimes this helps make him go everyday and sometimes it doesn't.

Logansmommy0810

Asked by Logansmommy0810 at 11:55 PM on Oct. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Breastfed or formula fed?
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:57 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• my daughter was really constipated as a baby, even going more than a week without a bowel movement! The pediatrician never seemed concerned, she said because she was breast fed, but I was very concerned about it. She ended up having us purchase a gel laxative and i would cut off the tiniest sliver to give to her to help her go.
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 11:58 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• As long as he doesn't have hard, dry poops it probably isn't a big deal. If he hits day 5 with no poops your peditrician may want to see him.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 11:59 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• He is formula fed. He was breast for the first two months and we had this problem then too.
    Logansmommy0810

Comment by Logansmommy0810 (original poster) at 12:00 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Why dose this issue bother you? If the Doctor is not concerned then do not worry about it. My children were the same way and other friends kids were the same too. Your a concerned Mom keep up the good Job.
    Glo402813

Answer by Glo402813 at 12:05 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• As long as he's not straining to go, the poops are soft, and he has plenty of pees, don't worry about it. A lot of babies don't poop every day. DON'T give your baby juice!! The stomach lining is very porous, meaning that he is prone to developing allergies to anything he's exposed to at this point. That's one of the reasons they say not to introduce solids until 6 months. Juice included.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:25 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My DD (she is BF/FF)is the same way she goes every other day and most Pediatricians aren't concerned unless it's been 10-14 days so don't worry.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 11:43 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• It is completely normal for anybody at any age not to go to the bathroom for 2-3 days. I'm a nurse. There's nothing to worry about. If he was crying in pain, vomitting, or not eating then you should worry. good luck!
    momoftwins0987

Answer by momoftwins0987 at 1:01 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• When he DOES go, what is the stool like? If it's not dry, hard, or pellet like, I would not be concerned after only 2 or 3 days. Some adults go every day, or a few times a day, while others go once every few days. Babies often also have their own pattern.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:11 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• it's fine if he breastfed the dr. told me they can go up to a week without pooing. now my baby is formula fed goes every day or every other day.
    eliesmommy1989

Answer by eliesmommy1989 at 2:55 PM on Oct. 25, 2010