Working at an animal kennel safe??

I just found out that I am pregnant and am working 2 jobs. One of the is at an animal kennel where I take care of dogs and cats wihle the hospital portion is closed. I walk and take care of all sizes of dogs, (great danes to weiner dogs lol) I also clean up after them as well as the cats. Do you think it's safe for me to continue doing this or should I find a new job?

tennis4lissa

Asked by tennis4lissa at 12:08 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You should not be cleaning up after cats. They carry toxoplasmosis in their feces.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:09 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• cats are a no no but i think dogs are fine, just keep playing with the cats but dont go near their poo
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 12:11 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Inform your work that you are pregnant. They cannot fire you but they do need to make accommodations and ensure you are not doing anything dangerous like cleaning the litter boxes.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:11 AM on Oct. 25, 2010