Doulas, which organization did you train through?

Roadfamily6now

Asked by Roadfamily6now at 12:10 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• I trained through other doulas, reading a lot and volunteering at births. So far I've only gotten one, but that's mostly because I've been off duty having babies myself lol. I may certify through CBI (Childbirth International) some day when I get the money to. Definately won't be going throug DONA, though (I hate their restrictions and their recert stipulations).

You can train any way you like, you don't HAVE to have an organization. Though sometimes it does help if you can't find someone to mentor you.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:13 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I know that I volunteered to let a doula in training help me through my birth and pregnancy. I was her first and I had to write up a report on how she did. She was wonderful by the way.. I found her through childbirth class. I was a single mom and couldn't find a partner to go with me so they hooked me up with a doula in training. So if you are needing moms, that is a way for you to go.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:18 AM on Oct. 25, 2010