When at the gym...

If you were doing something where you are putting yourself at risk, would you rather have someone overweight offer to show you how to do it properly, or would you rather no one said anything?

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 12:22 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I don't see that happening since I've spent years in the gym and trained with professionals in college while on the ice hockey team BUT I'd rather someone correct me.

That said I DO see what weight has to do with it. One of the trainers at my gym is quite overweight and I've never really understood why someone half her size would pay her for personal training. I'm sure she knows what she's doing but it doesn't look like she's applying it to own life you know? I'd rather learn from some one that has a body that I'm aspiring to. Just being honest.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 1:32 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Said something. I'd rather look dumb than injure myself...and not sure what weight has to with it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:26 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Why does what they weight matter? If I were doing it wrong I would like someone to tell me. Even if I wouldn't injure myself, but just wasn't getting the full benefit of what I was doing, I would like someone to tell me.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 12:45 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I just feel weird going up to people because of my weight. I grew up in the gym, as my mom was an aerobics instructor for 10 years, I've had A LOT of training over the years, I'm studying to be a nurse and I've studied some kineseology. I just feel like my weight discredits me in a place like the gym, even though I have the knowledge. Plus, peoples' egos get in the way, ya know?
    musicpisces

Comment by musicpisces (original poster) at 12:50 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• That's my point. That's why I don't say anything.
    musicpisces

Comment by musicpisces (original poster) at 1:33 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I would much rather someone say something so that I don't get hurt. And besides, if everyone around you knows you're doing something wrong, THAT is embarrassing!
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 2:27 AM on Oct. 25, 2010