How Long?

at what age should i stop worring about SIDS

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There's no point in worrying about something you can't control. Stop worrying now. You'll be a happier mommy if you do. :)
    Anonymous

• I just read in my what to expect the first year that the risk of sids drastically drops between 4 and 6 months when the baby can lift there head on there own while on there tummys. when they start rolling over consistantly the risk drops drastically its still there but it drops. after a year its pretty rare that it happens. but yea try not to worry so much if its gonna happen its gonna happen. just do all the right things that you can and hopefully it puts ur mind at peace alittle more.
    amandap1705

Answer by amandap1705 at 8:20 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I'm more concerned with you worry mind..:( I will pray for you..I've been there so I know what you are going through. II tend to worry at times, but I just pray and trust God! He is my helper :)

'll pray for you even though i don't know you're spiritual belief. :)

Lord, I lift up to you this fellow mommy. I pray that you would be her source of comfort and bring peace to her mind. Deliver her from negative thoughts. May your protection be upon this child that you created in her womb. Deliver this child from harm. May she feel your presence in that room. May you receive the glory as she trusts in you. Great is your Faithfulness! In Jesus name AMEN!

JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 8:26 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• JC that prayer is beautiful. Would you mind sayin one for me? I am the one on the Q&A board who is dying of fear because tonight is my daughters first night sleeping with her blanket. I too am horribly afraid of SIDS. And my DD is almost 11 months old.
    tiffers32788

Answer by tiffers32788 at 8:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• At 6 months the risk greatly reduces and after 1 year it's pretty much gone. My son stared rolling from his back to his tummy at 4 months and I would roll him back over every few hours. At his 6 month check up the doctor said that once they can move around on their own to go ahead and let him sleep on his tummy and that SIDS was not a worry anymore.
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 10:49 AM on Oct. 30, 2008