What is your favorite stew spice ?

coffeeyum

Asked by coffeeyum at 12:40 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Garlic for sure, and I love to use either fresh basil, or fresh rosemary. I don't use them together, one or the other.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:46 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I add a bay leaf, which gives it a really good flavor, and Lawrey's seasoned salt and pepper. You want it nicely flavored, but you don't want to overwhelm it with too many different seasonings. It's a simple dish..
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:30 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I love onion, garlic and Lawreys season salt or Old Bay is good in anything!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 10:59 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My house seems to love using garlic and salt.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:11 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I like a spice blend from Penzey's Spices called Bavarian Seasoning. It's got Tellicherry black pepper, brown mustard and garlic as the primary flavors.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:35 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Wow... quite a bit...
    I obviously add the usual aromatics, onion and garlic. Common seasonings like salt and pepper. The most basic things I add after that, though is a Bay leaf. For most stews I love adding paprika or Cayenne pepper and some herbs (usually dry with a sprinkle of fresh before serving) like parsley or thyme.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 12:10 PM on Oct. 25, 2010