Cheap drumsticks for a cake?

Does anyone know where I can find some cheap drumsticks? I'm making my son a drum cake for his 1st birthday (since he likes banging on everything) and I need to find some cheap drumsticks. Any ideas?

Krystal.Ingalls

Asked by Krystal.Ingalls at 8:04 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Cool cake idea! How about chopsticks? They should be available in the supermarket and are cheap.

Answer by Bmat at 8:09 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• get a dowel rod and cut it in half,and whittle one end of them,and shape them like drumsticks.Goodluck
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 8:19 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• do you have a drum toy that came with sticks that you could "borrow" for the cake?
    Anonymous

• Well I have a little drum that has a drum stick on it...but it's attached with a string and I really don't want to cut it. However I might get some chopsticks and wrap them in foil to kind of shape them like drum sticks if I can't find any cheap.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 9:07 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Unless you want him to be using them after to drum on things, you could make them out of fondant. You don't even have to make the fondant...Michael's has it from Wilton's in a box.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 12:29 AM on Oct. 30, 2008