I asked this the other day but didn't really get an answer: dollar store preg test vs blood test

I just feel like something is up with my body...could be many things but I can't shake the feeling I am pregnant. I took a neg dollar store test the other day, although I am not late for my period or anything. Maybe I took it too early or maybe it is something else. BUT my question is: How much earlier can a blood test tell you you are pregnant than a dollar store test. I know the difference is pee and blood..duh.

dbodani

Asked by dbodani at 12:47 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i wouldnt trust a test from the dollar store, how accurate could it be?
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 12:49 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• The tests from the dollar store detect the hcg hormone like any other pregnancy test... so don't worry about that. A blood test can detect pregnancy a week or two before a urine test can. Wait until you are late for your period... and test with a urine test. If you still receive negative and think you are pregnant, get a blood test.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:55 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• If I were you, I would get a blood preg test. I did that and it helped me confirm my pregnancy.
    fluppyducky

Answer by fluppyducky at 1:20 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• A blood test will show the level of HCG in your system and that is how they determine if your pregnant. If I remember correctly I think a blood test can tell you a week before a home pregnancy test will. So I would get a blood test done. Also you can ask your ob what the difference is between a home pregnancy test and blood test.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 1:38 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I took a dollar store test when I was a week late and it showed up positive.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 1:41 AM on Oct. 25, 2010