Name something you have had for a long time and short story how you got it

I have had a Dallas Cowboys blanket for about 19 yrs. My oldest brother gave it to me for xmas. Out of everything I have ever had this is the only thing that has stuck with me everywhere I go....it reminds me of a different time & so glad I have grown up so much from it....I love my blankie like i love my cake soft n warm :)

hiswifey0725

Asked by hiswifey0725 at 12:59 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Entertainment

• I have a 110 yr old (or there about) statue of the Virgin Mary... I have had her for about 19 yrs now... I told my great grandmother that I liked her and she went and changed her will, so that I would get her and not my sister... (my sister got something else)
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 4:06 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I have a whole stack of Headbanger's Ball VHS tapes from the 1980s/1990s. That's how I spent my Saturday night. Taping Headbanger's Ball. Of course, I don't have a VCR to play them anymore, but that's neither nor. It's something of sentimental value. I also have a LeWatch from the 1980s. I keep it because it's the last gift my mother gave me before she died.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:23 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I have a book called "A Baby Starts To Grow", which is out of print now. My parents gave it to me when my little brother was born. I must have read it a thousand times. I treasure it especially now that I am studying to be a midwife. =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:02 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• lol i have a beauty and the beast blanket that i have had for 20 years my dad got it for my b-day when i was i think i only still have it cuz it was the only b-day i saw him after he left when i was 2 but yeah i luv my blankie two lol but i do have to say the cowgirls suck
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 1:04 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• lol..i agree they suck i would have picked something else all together......just funny i still have it n now my son actually uses it
    hiswifey0725

Comment by hiswifey0725 (original poster) at 1:06 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• All of my Muppet Babies & Dr. Seuss books. I've had them in sets for as long as I can remember. I always treating my books so well. I've had them since the 80s and now I have them for my son.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 1:18 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Most of my stuff is pretty new (I've only been out of my parent's house for 3 years, since I was 18, and I didn't have much when I left). Does a kitty count? I've had my oldest furbaby for almost 6 years. Other than her, I just have pictures that are older (and two bookshelves, but I have no idea how I ended up with those lol). I got her when she was about 6 weeks old. She was this teeny, tiny little ball of fluff at my aunt's house and she attached herself to me while we were visiting after Christmas. I looked at my aunt and I told her and my mom that I wasn't leaving without the kitten. I was shocked that my mom actually let me take her with me. She's been with me and a total mommy's girl ever since then.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:35 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My DH. We worked together I laid claims on him. Had him ever since. lol
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 1:35 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My oldest dd. I've only had her for 4 years but when she was about 9 months old, mine and my parent's apartments burned to the ground. I got out with her and a diaper bag, which I no longer have.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 3:10 AM on Oct. 25, 2010