So how do you explain this?

I don't want this to turn into a full-blown arguement about vaccines and autism (even though I know it will) but if you are hell-bent that there is no link between vaccines and autism how do you explain this story?

A friend of my mom's has 15 month old old twin girls. They both went in for their 1 year shots at 12 months and were given the regular, which included the MMR. She said they both had little fevers and were cranky at first, but on the 3rd day, were completely different babies. No longer respond to things they used to, are now much more irritable and impatient, and seem to have regressed in their development. The pediatrician has no answers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Kids' Health

• While the research shows that the vaccinations do not cause autism, I believe that there is something contained in the shot that can trigger autism in the child. It is believed that autism may be genetic and receiving the vaccinations can trigger the autism earlier than it would have been noticed.

Everyone has their opinions on the matter.. And the government isn't going to stop vaccinations and neither is the medical field. There is too much money to be made.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:05 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• How do you say you don't want this to be an argument about the connection between vaccines and autism??
    Did you know that there has only been ONE "study" claiming there is a connection, which has since been retracted, and the doctor who conducted the study lost hisedical license? He did the study on 12 children whose parents had hired an attorney to create a lawsuit connecting the two. The attorney paid the doctor handsomely to write a report claiming there was a connection so that the parents would win. Every study done since has disproved that theory. Google "The Lancet retracts autism vaccine connection".
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:06 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I understand what you mean, anonymous. Unfortunately, it is a touchy subject and no one will ever know the true answer of what likely caused what happened.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:15 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• It would take additional research, but you could do them worse harm if you fail to get them vaccinated in the future. More and more diseases such as Whooping Cough are being brought back by people who think the same way you do. I would be willing to bet there was a genetic defect with the children long before the vaccine.
    anony-mous

Answer by anony-mous at 1:18 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Could be anything. However, that is just too quick of a turn around to be linked to vaccines. I think that anyone who is slightly educated would understand that. Are you trolling as well??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• No I am not trolling but thanks for asking. I am just simply asking how someone could deny that there is even the slightest possibility that the vaccines the twins were given might have something to do with their behavior and personalities completely changing for the worse.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:06 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• That is not the question I asked musicpisces. I asked how do you explain the behavior of the twins changing completely 3 days after recieving the vaccines? So what would be YOUR explaination of that. I am well aware of the studies of vaccines and autism. All I am asking is that in this particular case, which is 100% true, how would you explain that 2 fraternal twins' characters completely changing, on the same exact day, coincidentally the same exact amount of time after their 1 year vaccines?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:11 AM on Oct. 25, 2010