question about halloween

Is halloween a pagan holiday and evil . you teach children 365 days a year not to take candy from strangers but 1 day is ok ......go figure . thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Holidays

• I don't view Halloween as a evil holiday or anything. I view Halloween as a holiday for children to dress up and be kids! Have some fun!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:06 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Yeah, lighten up and have fun
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 1:05 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Originally, it was Samhain (which is what we celebrate), so yes it was a Pagan holiday. Evil? No, that is a myth. And as far as taking candy from strangers goes, there are ways to make sure it's safe now, and a lot of people Trick or Treat in neighborhoods where everybody knows everybody.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:14 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Halloween/Samhain is a very old celetration of the Celtics... HERE  

It is not evil nor is it the Devils day it is a Pagan Holiday celebrating the end of Summer and of the New Yr to come...
    It has over yrs/generations become more cirular in celebrating with candy and parties and dressing up... but many Pagans
    (such as myself) will celebrate both the Sabbath of the day and the fun part of the day with friends and family...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:19 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• No...it's the one day out of the year that pedophiles and sex offenders and creepy guys in vans don't try to lure children in w/ "special treats" b/c they know that people are going to be especially vigilant on Halloween. That's when they know to stay in the house w/ the porch lights out and no decorations.

*teehee*

I know joking about that is so wrong.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 1:11 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I see it as a day to let loose, dress up, and HAVE FUN!!! :) It's ok to "talk to strangers" because the parent is supervising...

It is what you make it to be.... I don't see "Trick or Treating" and dressing up as devil worshiping, so I'm ok with the day. :)
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 1:25 AM on Oct. 25, 2010