Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

What would you do?

I have a problem and I don't know what to do. I live in an apartment and my downstairs neighbors like to smoke pot on some nights. The smell comes through our vents and it's smell is so strong and my whole family notices it. I hate to be a neighbor that complains but it's happening more frequently and personally it makes me nauseous. It's illegal and they don't think about the other people in the building. What would you do?


Asked by amessageofhope at 1:17 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Parenting Debate

Level 23 (17,397 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (19)
  • im in the same situation you are, contact your landlord or call the cops

    Answer by meagan678 at 1:22 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

  • I would contact your landlord and let him/her deal with it...or if you want to go this far, you can always call the cops when you smell the smoke and have them come knock on their door.

    Answer by Ash9724 at 1:20 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

  • Of course, I would call the police. I would also notify my landlord. No one deserves to be exposed to that.

    Answer by m-avi at 1:20 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

  • You have every right to be upset. You have the right to call the police (anonymously if you want to). Oryou can slip an anonymous note under their door, or try talking to them. I doubt there is much you can do, except call the cops. I'd be furious if I were you, especially as a mom.

    Answer by musicpisces at 1:21 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

  • Contact the police and your landlord.

    Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:23 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

  • did you try talking to the people??? if they don't do anything about it talk to your landlord...

    Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:24 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

  • call the cops or close the vents ,out here i close my window we don't need to smell it to get high i get high on life

    Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:22 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

  • I would call the police...its a form of assault on your family (contact high) as well as being smoked illigaly. What happens is you or hubby have to be drug tested for a new job, or heaven forbid, a doc finds it in your kids blood streams? You will need that police report to back you up, if nothing else!!~!

    Answer by grammamamma at 1:45 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

  • call the cops

    Answer by stressedmomma13 at 1:49 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

  • I would be angry too and I woild definitely call the cops!

    Answer by randibosin at 2:12 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

Next question in Parenting Debate
Just wondering

Next question overall (Beauty & Style)
what is good