I have had 2 positive pregnency tests and am now getting my period?

my period was due the 17th and i have been nauseous for almost a week so friday I took a pregnancy test and it came up positive, so about an hour later i took the other one and it came up positive. i think it was thursday there was a vert small amount of blood when i wiped and now its like i am having a extremely light flow. Anyone have any idea what's going on? I am calling my O.B. first thing in the morning. Just wondering what I can find out tonight.

JenKT

Asked by JenKT at 1:21 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Either implantation bleeding or early miscarriage, both you can do nothing about. Get some sleep and get some bloodwork in the morning hun!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:22 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I am going to give you a bump. I have never experienced bleeding during pregnancy, but I have heard a very light flow can be normal.

Did you read the results of the pregnancy tests within 5 mins? If not, you could have gotten a false positive (evap line)

Definitely call the OB in the AM and ask to be seen.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:22 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• If your flow gets heavy, it could be an early miscarriage. I had one at 5 weeks, and it was like a heavy, chunky flow. Regardless of what it is, you can't do much of anything except wait until tomorrow for your appt. Hopefully it's nothing! Good luck!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:23 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I'm glad you are going to talk with your OB. It could be a rare instance where you got two positive tests, but aren't really pregnant. I don't know, but if you are truly pregnant and are bleeding, it could be a serious thing. But, you won't know until you go to your doc. Good luck, I hope it turns out ok! :)
    fluppyducky

Answer by fluppyducky at 1:24 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• You can have a period the entire time your pregnant you know... It doesn't have to be anything negative. My mother had one for her entire first 2 trimesters with my sister - and guess what, she's still here with us...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:24 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• This happened to me when became pregnant with Ade it was implantation bleeding. Still call doctor however. GL
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 1:25 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I would definitely call your ob in the morning. If your cramping gets worse or your blood flow gets heavier it could be miscarriage.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 1:25 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Definately get into the doc. It could be nothing and it could be a miscarriage. On a good note, i bled pretty hard at 14 weeks along and my son was fine. They still dont know why i was bleeding. Same thing happened to me at 22 weeks along. Lets hope its the same case for you and its just nothing :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:47 AM on Oct. 25, 2010