is anyone like me?

I do not know if I believe in God & that he created everything. But then again, I do not necessarily buy that we evolved from apes or whatever. I do not really know what my beliefs are to be honest.

stressedmomma13

Asked by stressedmomma13 at 1:26 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Evolution makes sense to me, God creating man does not.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:30 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Aw, I was like that a while ago. I found my answer just two years ago and became a Christian. You are not alone. :)
    fluppyducky

Answer by fluppyducky at 1:31 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• roadfamily- if evolution is true, then how did the apes (or whatever) come from? how did the originating species come to be? I'm totally not bashing you, I am curious. I just don't know what to think
    stressedmomma13

Comment by stressedmomma13 (original poster) at 1:33 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• fluppy- how did you come to that conclusion? to me, faith is not enough. I have read the bible, & it all seems to contidict. plus there are so many rules that it seems like people would just be so unhappy a lot of the time. Again, no bashing. Simply curious.
    stressedmomma13

Comment by stressedmomma13 (original poster) at 1:35 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• in your heart you belive in some thing because you woulden't be asking i belive god is ever where i also belive that you don't have to go to church to talk to god ,because he does listen to your prayers so do i belive we come from apes yes i do and do i belive that adm and eve where the first yes ,but what you belive is some thing you need to find for your self
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:38 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Oh that's okay! I know you're not bashing, I understand. I like Chrstianity because, to me, it's not so strict like other ones. I bet if you wanted, you could talk to a member of a church about questions you have. I believe I am a very happy person through my beliefs.
    fluppyducky

Answer by fluppyducky at 1:40 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• fluppy, thanks! I will give an example. I am divorced. My ex was abusive, but the bible says the God hates divorce. I have since met a wonderful man that I love with all my heart. I believe he is my soulmate. We live together. We have sex. The bible says this is also wrong. How can it be wrong if I am so utterly happy? If I gave up this man & the life we have, I would be miserable. Make sense?
    stressedmomma13

Comment by stressedmomma13 (original poster) at 1:46 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I don't understand alot either. They call the Bible the greatest STORY ever told.....I believe in God, yet wonder HOW does he exist, are things just chance and people believe in this being cause that's already inplanted in their heads of this glorious light at the brink of death from others....etc.......but then I MYSELF feel bad as a christian for not believing fully.

When I was 5-10 yrs old I scared my Mom, I told her that I was in this long tunnel, it was real bright on the end and the other end very dark. People were calling me to the dark and people on the light said, Dont go to the dark, you are afraid of the dark....we need you here, Mommy and Daddy are here."

At the time I was very sick had had fevers and an ER visit for this cold I'd had...so THAT I can't explain. Scared my Mom..said I was having an out of body experience. I remember it well.

HOW man came to be before God? Who knows! Amazing thing.. LIFE!!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 1:52 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Naw, I believe in God. But I think it is perfectly normal to be unsure of what to believe in. I kinda went through that stage..
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 3:02 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I was like that as well~ until a miracle happened and God saved my life~ ask him to help you see and believe~ @ first u may feel silly as I did but as time goes by he opens more doors for you~ all I can say is pray for understanding & guidance! GOOD LUCK HUN :D
    sparkle0940

Answer by sparkle0940 at 7:59 AM on Oct. 25, 2010