Have you ever gotten a citation for running a red light, and you were caught by the camera?

I have and I paid it. I knew it when I did it. The light turns real fast there and I normally don't go that way. My dh got one too and he's gonna get a court date cause he wants to fight it. We watched the video of it and he's making a right turn, and there's no sign that says "no turn on red." The only problem is he never really stopped. It was 5 in the morning so there wasn't any traffic. I don't know if he'll be able to beat it.

twinmama2five

Asked by twinmama2five at 1:41 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I doubt that he will beat it if he did not come to a complete stop. He might wind up with a different type of citation. Hope things goes his was though. I have no received a ticket but I am always nervous driving through those intersections. There are places in Washington where they can capture you speeding.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:44 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I have gotten a ticket for running a light that I didn't even run.. But it was my word vs. the cop.. and well, you know who would have won that since I had no witnesses, lol.

As far as your husband, if he didn't come to a COMPLETE stop for at least 5 seconds I think it is, then he won't win the case and will have to pay court costs and everything.. so is it worth it?
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:44 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• His mind is made up. I argued with him about not coming to a complete stop, but he won't listen. And he's a truck driver......ughhhhhhhhhhhh!
    twinmama2five

Comment by twinmama2five (original poster) at 1:57 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I haven't but I let my friends borrow my car while I was out of town and received two tickets with their pictures on it one for the first day they had it and the 2nd for the next day..dummies.
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 2:08 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Dh got a ticket earlirt yjis year for a red light and I was riding with him and it was complete CRAP. First of all, we were halfway UNDER the light when it turned red and secondly, they legally have to give you so many seconds of a yellow light in theis state and we TIMED it later and it was only 3 seconds of yellow before it turned red, no joke!!!!! My dad ended up paying it for us-$110 because we didn't have the $. Dh was going to dispute it in court but couldn't because he had somewhere else to be that day that was far more important. Its the only thing he's ever had on his driving record too. We make a point to not visit that traffic light anymore!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Not yet,. But I will eventually..
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 2:58 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Yes, and I knew it was close when I did it. I paid the fine, but the citation said I was going 84 miles an hour and that was absolutely not the case. I don't know how that gets determined but it was in a shopping area on a busy afternoon. There was no way I wa doing over 40. My DH husband wanted me to question that but it wasn't worth the lost time at work to go in.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:16 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I don't think our cameras work,

kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 9:52 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• never but i am that good :)
    Jennifer_236

Answer by Jennifer_236 at 11:00 PM on Oct. 25, 2010