What did you do to keep busy in the hospital after you had your baby?

lovebunny82709

Asked by lovebunny82709 at 2:26 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had my newborn to take care of. Newborns keep you plenty busy.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:27 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Usually moms recover and learn to breastfeed. Not much tie to do too much~
    ;-)

I haven't birthed my babies in that location, I like to recuperate in my own bed.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:27 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• when i've been in the hospital i've had so many people there i didn't have that problem. with my 2nd baby i did have a long time nobody was there but it was fine with me.. just me and baby time.. i held her or we slept! :)
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 2:27 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Not much **time**
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:28 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Breastfed. Lol, it took us both some getting used too and I felt like thas all I did for weeks!
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 2:29 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I had taken books, but I mostly just sat back and enjoyed cable...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:31 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I breastfed and held my baby. I got kind of pissed off at the nurses because they were trying to tell me I was holding my baby too much. My child, not your's, back off. That was basically what I said lol. There really wasn't any down time while I was there, though. The only time I had any free time was while I was in labor.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:31 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I stared at the little life I just made.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 2:40 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• lol you are kidding, right? Labor alone leaves you feeling exhausted. You just think pregnancy is tiring lol, there's an entirely new definition of tired on its way! Babies are around-the-clock care. They eat every 1-2 hours in the early days and weeks. There is no such thing as too much help from friends and family.Newborns do sleep a ton but your own sleep is interrupted every 1-2 hours!!! A breastfeeding session can sometimes last an hour too. And the well-baby visits start usually a week or two after the birth. People will be over to see baby, nurses will want a blood count and vitals, the baby's dr will be in yor room telling you things.....there will be no need to keep busy lol. Do your best to sleep, bond with baby and learn to breastfeed if you're planning on it-those are the most important goals in the hospital!!!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:46 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I took my phone with games in it and charger, word puzzle books, magazines....
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 2:46 AM on Oct. 25, 2010