Does it annoy anyone else that you lose 5 credits for deleting something?

I'm not all crazy about the credits, but still, that annoys me. It even annoys me more than anon trolls!

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 2:50 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I think it's silly - and a deterrent to some people deleting things that really do need to be deleted. You can spot them because instead they'll ask the same exact question twice in a row in the same section with just a word or two changed. I don't care about the points, but the picture they use for it is kind of rude. When I hit someone's page and see the bright red and the dunce cap, the first thought is they did something wrong, even though I know it's just a deletion. The initial impact of it is just really negative.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:53 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• YES!
    grammamamma

Answer by grammamamma at 3:10 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• It think it's ridiculous, too. Before this whole points system, I used to delete questions all the time. I don't think any points should be taken away, but if they are hell bent on taking away points, only take away the number of points you earned by posting it to begin with. Two.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 10:48 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• well.. dont you get 5 points for posting? so if you delete they are just taking their points back.. is that what you mean?
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:18 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• No, you don't get 5 points for anything besides a best answer, and that's 10 points. Everything else, the maximum is 3. Here's the link to the points guide. It annoys me because sometimes you read your answer and realize that you made a mistake, or your question might not get any answers, etc. Then, if you repost an answer, you're still out the 5 credits, even though you only got 3 for answering. Asking is 2 credits, I think. If it was the same number of points that you earned, that would be one thing, but it's like they're trying to punish people (in a really stupid way, since this is the internet and the credits mean nothing) for deleting something that they posted.

Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 3:25 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• i didnt know till now
    landonsMOMMY500

Answer by landonsMOMMY500 at 6:36 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• It doesn't matter to me. The point thing is not important to me.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:08 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I agree with NP I think the delete graphic is just downright rude. I know CM hates to have content deleted and the point is to keep people from deleting questions when great conversations have started but it could be handled a bit differently.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 3:36 PM on Oct. 25, 2010