Has anyone else heard of this???

My grand daughter has the whole week off from school next week for "Fall Break"...never heard of this before! Anyone else have this?

grammamamma

Asked by grammamamma at 3:00 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Kids get fall break, thanksgiving break, christmas break, winter break, spring break, easter, 8 weeks of summer break, and all national holidays out of school. Their reason for this is they want to change it to all year around school but it seems they are out of school more than in school i might as well start home schooling. lol Oh and don't forget furlow days and teacher work days!!!!!!
    suelo74

Answer by suelo74 at 9:58 AM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Nope, at least not in October. I know we got like 4.5 days off around Thanksgiving, though. That's all I've ever heard of. That's pretty cool, though. Gives kids a little break a little more often.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:02 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Yes, ds has it here. He had 5 and a half school days off plus the weekends. We had fall break when I was younger but it was only 2 days off. They get more time now because they go back to school so early now at the start of August.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:06 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• My sister's kids get a fall break, mine don't.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 6:23 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I have not heard of that!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:07 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• We don't get a fall break where we are in FL, but my nieces and nephews do in CO.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:38 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• No I have not. For October anyway........Unless maybe she is in an all year round school
    4theloveofTink

Answer by 4theloveofTink at 8:49 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Nope, regular school year, and we are in CO too....maybe its a CO thing LOL
    grammamamma

Comment by grammamamma (original poster) at 12:40 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• no,but they have more time off now then back in the day. School is starting sooner and sooner ever year. Maybe they slowly trying to make school all year round
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 1:34 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• A lot of the public schools here do it here in Colorado. My kids are in private school and don't have a fall break. They do get the whole week of Thanksgiving off for teacher conferences and then the holiday. I think that is crazy enough because then winter break is 2-3 weeks after that.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:52 PM on Oct. 25, 2010