I am really scared..

Ok i live in a apt. and when we 1st moved in my BF had a diff. job and now he has a new job and pays WAY more but are leaseing office just asked us to send her info about are income and we have a roommate and i am not working and with the roommate and my BF 2getha makes to much for a 2bedroom so whats going to happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Money & Work

• is the apartment rent based on income? If so, not telling them the income would be fraud.

Anonymous

• I am not understanding your problem.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 8:35 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• so they make too much? whats the problem if they make a lot of money i dont get it?
    Anonymous

• What the french toast.
    Is this apartment based on income, like you have to make under a certain amount to live there. If so, and you make over the limit, MOVE. You would rather lie and be a liar and criminal. Nice.
    Anonymous

• Okay, I think that the last answer was a bit harsh, about wanting to be a liar! Geez...

Anyway, it can be hard finding out that you no longer qualify for an income-based rental, but at the same time, if they do re-evaluate your status and discover that you make over the limits, they will usually let you finish out your year or six months. You shouldn't be evicted upon the discovery of your BF's new job. A roommate, on the other hand, might breach your contract... a lot of income based rentals do not allow people to have roommates. If you are worried, maybe you should suggest that your friend find another place to live.
    Anonymous

• Well, you could just get rid of the roommate and base it on the BF's income... I don't know why you have so many people living in one apartment anyway... I am assuming there are children??? You really need to find a different place that is not based on income. They will find out that you are fabricating details and you will be in trouble at some point...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 9:12 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Ok 1st of all we needed a roommate cause at the time my BF didnt make enough $ to pay everything himself and if u dont know ppl living in a 2bedroom apt has a max of 4 ppl in we have 4 ppl! and are roommate has no where to go so we cant kick him out. In are area its hard to find anywhere 2 live.
    Anonymous

• Sorry but we all lie at times, so no one here should put anyone else down. Not sure why they would ask about income, when is your lease up? Usually they will automatically increase your rent when the lease is up. Do they know about the roommate? If they do then you will have to include his income too. If not I would not mention it.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 10:24 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• becare cuz if u live in income based housing, having roomates not on the lease can get u kicked out. and it's not easy moving out of one....

i know around here u either got income based housing...(we dont quailfy) and everything else is super expensive
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:47 AM on Oct. 30, 2008