I have been worried sick about this young lady neighbor of mine and her 3 mo old dd. According to her, her husband would beat her with a basebat.

She called the cops Friday because he was threatening to have her tossed in jail for kidnapping the baby....she was only a couple doors down at my house. The police said with his record and the fact that both mother and baby were fine and happy at my house, they are married and there is no court order saying otherwise, she could keep the baby and wasn't even going to be asked by the police to let him see the baby. Well, DH did ask to see her and then - both the police and I were SHOCKED that she OFFERED to let him keep the baby for the night!! The police advised she must get the baby back by the next evening....later the officer called me and said something more was going on with this story because she didn't put up any fight at all - but came in and told me the officer told her he could take her - which the officer stated he clearly DID not! I feel I am being snowed by this chick - would you? I don't know her, I just let her

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 3:41 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• My opinion is that she is one of this women that NEEDS a man in her life more then her own children...Maybe she has been subjected to abuse and it is the only thing she knows...NOT MAKING EXCUSES OR ANYTHING...she is obviously NOT ready to be a mother it's a shame that anyone can have a child but not many know how to be a mother...If i was in your shoes i would file an ANONYMOUS report (because she does live in your apartment complex and her husband or her might lash out and you have your family to put 1st always) with CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES and by law they HAVE TO LOOK INTO THE CHILDREN WELL BEING...there might not be a law on emotional abuse (and i think there might be) but there is on CHILD NEGLECT and child endangerment...if her husband hurt a child in the pass then records need to be out on this and the state then can monitor...but the COMMUNITY (people) need to be the voice for this hurt children living hell
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 12:58 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Call CPS. It sounds like a bad situation for the baby, even with the mom. She sounds like she needs to get her head straight. I don't think there is really much YOU can do, and you don't want her taking you down with her.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:58 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• use my phone to call 911 last week when she claimed he'd punched her while she was lying down with the baby. Well, today, my DH helped her move "out" and can you imagine his SHOCK when he carried a dresser into this apt - it's the apt of this lady's DH's GIRLFRIEND who is preggers with his baby! She is carrying around my neighbors baby and my neighbor totally acted like she was thrilled to see her, squealing and hugging her and talking excitedly about the new baby coming - all the while NEVER even said hello to her 3 mo old baby yelling her head off for her momma! My DH went over and picked up the poor baby and talked to to her - then this chick half assed "oh hi, honey".......I am so flabbergasted I don't know what to think!
    Babylove76

Comment by Babylove76 (original poster) at 3:48 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• well I am not sure what CPS can do - she hasn't physically hurt the baby. Sadly, it's not a crime to emotionally hurt your kids tho. She has a 3 yr old boy who is now living w/his dad because her DH shot him in the face with a paintball gun at point-blank range. Get this: she lost custody of him and has to have supervised visits w/him because she refused to leave DH after he did that! I cannot imagine choosing my DH - who just tore up my kids face and nearly KILLED him - over having custody of my son! I know obviously she is very messed up! WOW I am just so shocked!! I told her outright tonight that now, she has literally turned her back on BOTH of her kids and that I would be amazed if she ever got them back.....she said "yeah, crying....I know I f^%ed up. What are you doing tomorrow?" =O
    Babylove76

Comment by Babylove76 (original poster) at 4:10 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• i think the lady really needs help...time to call the cops....it is domestic violence...
    neng999

Answer by neng999 at 4:22 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Neng: What exactly am I calling the cops for? She is ALL alone in her apt. Her DH has had HER pack and move all his and the baby's things! He even came back to get the cat. There is nothing there but her. So, why am I calling the cops? That doesn't even make any sense when the cops were just here on Friday afternoon! Please, people! Would you please PLEASE actually READ what I wrote and about the situation instead of "thinking you know" and then respond! UGH!! This gets so freaking irritating!

Babylove76

Comment by Babylove76 (original poster) at 7:21 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• This is why I don't get involved. I call the police or CPS and let them figure it all out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Oct. 25, 2010