eye cold?

is there a natural way to help get rid of an eye cold or at least help it not be so bad? poor guy wakes up with his eye lids shut from the gunk and he gets pissed off... i don't blame him tho. thanks.. i use the warm wash cloth already.

Ambreelulu

Asked by Ambreelulu at 8:51 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ew i had eye cold, its disgusting huh? :(

i never went to a doctor though lik the above poster said you need to do.

it lasted for 2 months. :( i HATED it.. poor kid. anyway, just make sure he doesnt play or touch his eyes, if you need to wipe his eyes use a soft tissue and throw it right away. lysol and sanitize everything. throughout the day flush out his eyes with lukewarm water. not warm but not cold. germs live in warm water and cold water will shock his eyes.

i did this for a few days and it finally went away.

if yu have a whole foods or a natural store in your area, you can go there and get some homeopathic medicine
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 9:00 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I've never heard of an "eye cold" are you sure he doesn't have pink eye? or maybe an over productive tear duct? those are both things that need checked out by a doc
    Anonymous

• It sounds like he might have a sinus infection... you might want to take him to the doctor and see if they can offer you a prescription. Other than that, maybe a warm bath with some methol baby wash in it could help with head congestion, and in the long run, make your little one feel better. :-)
    sarah_smile

Answer by sarah_smile at 8:59 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• and in the morning, use lukewarm salt water to remove the gunk off his eyes. try doing it before he wakes up because if he is young, he may get scared that he cant see when he wakes up :(
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 9:01 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• haha I looked up "eye cold" I was right when I said it sounded like pink eye/conjunctivitis.
    Anonymous

• it does SOUND like it, but its not what it is. its different.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 9:04 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• well the medical site said an eye cold is a common name for conjunctivitis which is what pink eye is.
    Anonymous

• Alright...a doctor told me otherwise but okay.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 9:11 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• As long as the eyes aren't pink or red inside it's okay. It's probably a blocked tear duct. My baby has problems with it from time to time... to loosen the goo I use a wash cloth also. But we also were given an antibiotic gentamycin for his eyes and it clears it up when it gets really bad.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:16 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• My son had conjuctivitus at 2 weeks. He prescribed tobramycin eyedrops. It cleared up in about 10 days.
    Klomas1988

Answer by Klomas1988 at 11:35 PM on Oct. 29, 2008