V-tech motion games?

anyone tried the v-tech games? i'm thinking of getting one for my 4 yo daughter for christmas but i wanna know if it's worth it and such

Ambreelulu

Asked by Ambreelulu at 8:53 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My four year old son has a V-Smile, which he loves. We bought it when he was two years old, and back then we had to assist him with most of the games. Now that he is older, I use it as a special reward or to occupy him if I have to get housework done! I think that four years old is the perfect age for this toy! :-) We did invest in an adapter cord, because the batteries seemed to die pretty quickly, but it was only another ten dollars, and well worth it!
    sarah_smile

Answer by sarah_smile at 8:57 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• IDK but I bought it for my son who will be 3 in March. I bought the Wonderpets Game too.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 8:55 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I think kids already watch too much tv, and are getting started on video games waaaaay too early. Honestly, I don't like the idea of these things at all. My friend got one for her son, and he likes it, but she can't pry him away from it. Between the shows he watches on tv and the video game, he's in front of the tv all day long. He's also overweight and uncoordinated.
    Anonymous

• Our four year old has one which we purchased about a year ago. We had to help him then, but now he's more cordinated to play without our assistance. He absolutly loves it, but it is definitly a treat, to our disgression when he plays or not. We spent some time deciding which games seemed most educational (from non other then our sons favorite picks). Our son has never been absorbed into the tube though. I would say it is a good investment....knowing that these toys become outdated fast...fun for now!
    llayla

Answer by llayla at 4:11 AM on Oct. 30, 2008