1 c buttermilk pancake mix
3/4 c ice water
1 qt vegetable oil
1 sleeve of Oreo cookies
2 tbsp confectioners sugar
1. Freeze cookies for 3 hours.
2. In a heavy-gauge 3-quart saucepan heat oil to 350 degrees F.
3. While oil is heating, set up a sheetpan with paper towels for draining.
4. In a medium-sized mixing bowl stir water & pancake mix with a wooden spoon until thoroughly combined. As soon as batter is smooth, dip each cookie, one at a time, into batter and smooth batter, making a thin coat completely around the cookie. Place coated cookie carefully into hot oil. Repeat for each cookie. Fry on both sides, turning over once until golden brown.
5. Remove fried cookie from hot oil and drain on paper towels. Dust with confectioners sugar.
6. Let cool slightly (about 2 minutes) before serving.
at 12:27 AM on Oct. 30, 2008