im a sahm do you agree or no? i really want some true answers... PLEASE ONLY STICKTO MY QUESTION DONT BASH ON ME BEING A SAHM IF YOU ARE GOING TO.

So i am a SAHM. My SO works, and is the one that pays the bills while i take care of the house clean cook etc, anything with the house & baby.
Im currently pregnant, and i always explain to him that we need food in the house! if i wanted to eat right now, there is ONE packet of ramen noodles in the cupboard. I'm pregnant, i can't live off of ramen noodles and one meal a day. he got upset about me saying this.
My thing is, if we both agree to our duties and responsibilities, why is he so upset? ill do the grocery shopping i just need the money from him?

do you agree??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Relationships

• yes he should be giving you enough $ to buy the groceries with.

don't cook dinner and let him eat the ramen noodles, see how he likes it LOL
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 8:58 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I guess I'm confused as to why he wouldn't let you have food. I'm a SAHM, and I use the debit card whenever I want to buy anything. I don't understand why he wouldn't want you to buy food. ??? He shouldn't be keeping food from you. You're pregnant and need to eat a well-balanced diet. I have access to all of our money. I don't have to ask for any money. It seems as if he's being very controlling. You're totally right...you shouldn't have to ask for money for food.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 8:59 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Your pregnant. You need food for your growing baby.

I don't understand. Does he not make enough money for nutritious groceries or does he just not give you any?

If the first part of the question is the case, then get assistance.

If the second part of the sentence is true than swipe his bank card.

A pregnant woman should not be eating ramen noodles unless it is by choice.
    mwebb

Answer by mwebb at 9:01 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I'm a SAHM, and I don't get it! Hubby works does the yard work and the occational housework (rare but it does happen). I take care of the household chores, the children, and paying the bills. (I pay the bills because I'm better at keeping it balanced and planning ahead ). Even though I manage the account DH has access to it. We have a joint account and we both have our own debt cards. Everyday, I tell him what's in the account and everyday he tells me what he spend....(that's so I know). Seeing I do the cooking I do the shopping. I plan our menu and meals, around what we have money wise. Is there really NOT enough money for grocery shopping? Or when you do shop, why don't you plan out lunches and other meals for yourself?
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 9:16 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• no we have enough money, he just is stingy sp?

i grocery shop much better than he does, i look for sales etc to save money anyway
    Anonymous

• Does he give you an allowance or do you have your own debit card/checking account? Do you have your own transportation? Since you are in a relationship you need access to the money...I would discuss that with him, once you get that you need to go grocery shopping every week. Tell him its not good for the baby for you to be starving all the time :)
    ELC

Answer by ELC at 9:19 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• he tells me to eat cereal. okay thats fine cereal is fine, i ate a whole box of life cereal today LOL but you cant eat cereal for all 6 little meals my dr tells me i need to eat a day.
    seriously. im telling him these things right now.
    Anonymous

• Why is he not allowing you food? That sounds like he is trying to control you...not a good thing...that's the first sign of abuse. Control, jealousy and isolating you from your friends and family are the first couple of signs....if you see any of these happening in your home GET OUT NOW....and don't come back until he gets counselling. I don't mean to scare you but no one in their right mind withholds food from a pregnant woman.
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 9:35 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• If money is not an issues then I don't get!!! Why are meals (including snacks) planned out?? Why isn't the shopping being done with this in mind??
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 9:36 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Part of his responsibilty is to make sure you have enough money every week to do the grocery shopping.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2008