I see you are maturing.

What are some ways we can suggest to our ever growning / maturing teens that we want a free zone, where we can talk and be real with no repercusions. Without loosing them to the world....

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 4:51 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I'm not sure if you are asking for a space for youself or one to share with them. For us we talk to our kids all the time about everything. They know that if it is something important they can talk with us and we will not judge them and we will just listen to them. We will give advise and parent when it needs to be done.

If you are talking about space for yourself, my DH and I go out to dinner so we can talk about the kids and what is going on with them. We have found this is the best way to have conversations without being interupted and being able to discuss the kids without other kids around.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:22 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• We talk with our kids all the time. We're fortunate and blessed to have a good line of communication with our children. Although we know they tell us certain things, we're happy that they feel comfortable enough to come and talk with us at any time...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:35 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• we call that space home.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 4:41 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• So very sorry! My wording at 4am isn't the best. What I was looking for in an answer is when our Teens get to that stage they think they are too grown up to tell us anything. They start looking to their friends for answers or girlfriend/boyfriend, and we are left out in the cold as to what's happening in their lives. It hasn't happened yet, I just was wondering if someone had gone through it. Was trying to head them off at the pass, so to speak.... Maybe I'm worry about nothing....But then, isn't that what mothers do best? LOL
    Prayerpartner

Comment by Prayerpartner (original poster) at 6:17 AM on Oct. 26, 2010