What to do??? What do you think is the best way to handle this??

My Fiance's ex has been making comments on what could have been lately. last night we dropped him off and finished his costume while we were there as soon as we walked in she started crying. As we got done the costume I had him find out if she was ok. She proceeded to tell him that he has made her clinically depressed and how she loves him with all her heart. That I didnt deserve him because I sit at home all day while she puts in all the work that she deserves to be the one who is happy. He was totally floored by this and didnt know what to do he doesnt want to hurt her feelings. They only got together because of their sons accidental pregnancy and had a HORRIBLE relationship if you could call it that and during one of their off moments she started dating another man and he went and took the chance to get his life together and meet me. that was 3 years ago, she has alcohol problems and we suspect drug. How do we handle this?

brittanybell

Asked by brittanybell at 5:32 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• He has told her that we are happy and he is never going to leave his family. but she continues with this behavior and any chance i am not around tries something. and I dont know what to do. I am trying my hardest to be friends with her for our son's sake but I just dont know what to do anymore.
    brittanybell

Comment by brittanybell (original poster) at 5:34 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Avoid her at all costs.

Answer by louise2 at 5:42 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• he only goes to her house if I am there now and all this occured last night while i was sitting on her couch she sat on the porch while we were there and she reecently has had some problem so i had him see if she was ok. but there is no way to absolutely avoid her. I have told him he just needs to be honest with her and tell her how he feels and be one with it so she will stop but he thinks i just want to hurt her feelings and be mean which is completely wrong. i just want this to stop.
    brittanybell

Comment by brittanybell (original poster) at 5:48 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• You have been great and I don't think there is anything else you can do. I would however not let your husband comfort her anymore. I think that she needs to find someone else to share her feelings with. It would be more healthy for her to do so. Maybe it will help her move on.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 9:11 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Only talk/deal with her when it comes to his son. The more attention she gets with this, the more she's going to keep it up.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 9:22 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Why do you have to go into her house at all. Just call her and say we are picking up the boy/son, then go and pick him up and leave. do not go into her house. Same thing about droping him off just drop him off and leave. You don't have to stay and deal with her.

Answer by louise2 at 2:11 PM on Oct. 25, 2010