Anyone had a tubal ligation reversed? Did it work? Is it expensive?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I haven't had one or had it reversed (I'm planning to get one once this baby is born). But I can definitely tell you it's expensive, somewhere in the ballpark of 5k
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 9:53 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• This may help answer some of your questions. I know it IS expensive and allot of insurance does not pay to reverse it

Tubal Ligation Reversal
    www.PregnantAgain.com      Free Consultation on Tubal Ligation reversal. Testimonials & Forums

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:24 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• My dr was talking about this just the other day, he said it's not garanteed and it's very expensive no where near the 5K previously quoted, more like 30K, again this is according to an OB/GYN. He was offering my a tubal and I was adamantly refusing.
    misty1_sd

Answer by misty1_sd at 11:53 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I did have a reversal in 2005 and it only cost around $6,000.00,not the $30,000.00 someone else mentioned. I had mine performed by Dr Berger in Chapel Hill NC and I did conceive 11 cycles later.He is VERY experienced in this field and comes highly recommended! We now have a gorgeous 2 year old son :) Most insurance companies won't cover TR but there are a few that do,I suggest you contact your insurance provider.Hope this helps and best of luck!
    Digger70

Answer by Digger70 at 3:42 PM on Aug. 14, 2008

• I'm getting a reversal at Lakeshore Surgical Center in Gainesville, GA, after I lose 85 pounds. It's $7000, but they have lots of financing options.
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 8:37 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Yes, I had one and it did work. I became Pregnent 3 months after I had one and he is 16 months old now..
    heatherhurt1972

Answer by heatherhurt1972 at 11:45 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• It costed me 2300.00

heatherhurt1972

Answer by heatherhurt1972 at 11:46 AM on Sep. 12, 2009