paying a heroin addict

to get a vasectomy ..

on the radio they were discussing this

apparantly in the uk a heroin addict was paid £200 to get a vasectomy

it was the health service who paid him

the reason being so no heroin-dependant babies could be born

do you think this is right or a waste of health service money?

san78

Asked by san78 at 5:49 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• If they want that cool. But do u know some young kid who F****s up his life now does not mean ten years from now might be totaly differant person who was pressured to do something permanet for a quick fix. I just dont know how some people think. Especially ones who throw stones .
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 2:28 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I think the UK needs to get "creative" if they are going to avoid becoming another Greece!! They need to slow population growth, so they can afford to take care of everyone to their graves, as the people are so accustomed. I have no doubt that a few hundred dollars is a lot less expensive than caring for heroin addicted babies!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:14 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Maybe they should do that in the US.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:35 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Someone was or is doing this in the USA...I remember a group advertising FREE sterilazation and getting some flak for it,.....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:18 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Established in 1997, Project Prevention has so far worked with 3,371 addicts in the U.S. Of those, 1,253 have opted for a tubal ligation or vasectomy. After getting in touch with the organization by calling its toll-free hotline (888-30-CRACK), prospective participants must mail in arrest records or official letters from social workers to confirm that they have a drug problem. Those opting for an IUD or surgical implant receive $100 when the device is inserted and $100 more six months and a year later if the device is still in use. Harris depends on donations to keep the operation going and word of mouth among addicts to find clients

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1981916,00.html#ixzz13NP6QKJg

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:21 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• WooHoo, I got down voted. Lets see if I can get another down vote.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 9:07 PM on Oct. 25, 2010