Do you think Jesus suffered the most horrific death in the history of the world?

I honestly think you christians have put way too much significance on his death. Why was his death so different from the million of other people that have suffered and died unfairly in horrific ways?

circle_of_life

Asked by circle_of_life at 7:39 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Religious Debate

• No, he gave his life.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:44 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• tootoobusy..so are you saying because he gave his life he did not suffer?

anyways..my answer will be no..because i think a lot of people who murder try to "out do" past murderers..
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:50 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I think most deaths, as in the ones where the government persecuted people, were all horrific. It was a way of life then. Makes me also think of Braveheart, when Mel Gibson was stretched to death at the end....that was normal. And to think they killed people in public fashion, WTH man???
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 7:52 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• No, he gave his life.
    Answer by tootoobusy 7 minutes ag

But I'm sure he's not the only person in the history of the world to willingly give his life. So again, why was his death so different?
    circle_of_life

Comment by circle_of_life (original poster) at 7:56 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• the disciples died horrificly also. leaving Christ on the cross IMO is wrong, I had found that the Catholic religion had spent too much time concentrating on the death and the vision of Christ on the cross. Jesus lives.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:22 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• No, there are others who have died worse deaths than his. Not saying his wasn't awful (I'm sure it was), but humans have done far worse to other humans than crucifixion.

Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 8:26 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• No I'd say the Jewish families during the Holocaust did in addition to having to watch their families and friends be killed and innocent children who had no idea what was even happening getting killed and just left out to rot and decompose like livestock.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:29 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• It's' not so much *that* he died, or even *how* he died but *why.*. During his time death on the cross was a serious punishment. He was tempted on this earth and yet did not sin. He loved us so much, even you and me, so much that he took on everyone's sin and allowed himself to be crucified. The ultimate sacrifice. How many people do you know personally would take your place if you were scheduled to die? At any time he could have said forget it. I'm not doing this, it's' not worth it. And angels would have been there attending to him. But he didn't. He did it so that you and I and countless others *might not* die. Anyone having questions or wanting to discuss it more may feel free to pm me.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 8:52 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I don't think this should be a competition..what a horrible thing to have to compete for.. but what I do think makes his different from the others is the beatings he suffered before being nailed to the cross, then hanging there naked and exposed for hours while people watched and no one helped. Try to let that happen in today's society...SOMEONE would do SOMETHING.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:02 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I think his death was horrific, but I'm sure others on this world havehad worse deaths. It's the whole "he gave his life for humanity" thing that get people all worked up about it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:18 AM on Oct. 25, 2010