How important is it...

to feed your kids all natural and/or organic food?

circle_of_life

Asked by circle_of_life at 7:51 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Eh, it's probably better that we do, but we don't. They wouldn't eat it anyways.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 7:52 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I try to go as natural as possible. DS has reactions to things like RED 40, and HFCS. I cut out all RED 40, and limit HFCS as much as possible. Right now we are on a very tight budget so organic is out of the question. I don't really think I would go all organic anyway. But all natural(or at least mostly all natural) is in our plan.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 7:57 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I don't worry about it.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 8:01 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• If you can comfortably afford it, go for it. However, educate yourself completely on this labeling process, many natural phrases on food labeling, has nothing natural about it at all. MSG is now being labeled as " natural food flavoring" . If it comes out of a box, if man made it, don't eat it. That's really the simplest way to shop and eat.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:19 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• they eat it if they don't know what it is.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:27 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• It's not something that I go out of my way to get. They eat what I put in front of them, regardless, or they do without. So If I fed it to them, they would eat it, but I don't make it a point.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 8:37 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I do believe it's much healthier for anyone & that they will have better bodies if they strive to eat that way. But, it's unrealistic unless you're super rich & know how to cook super healthy food that your kids will eat. We buy a lot of organic stuff, but not everything. Organic banana's are a no brainer since they're only like 5 cents more expensive. We do what we can to eat natural & organic, but we're not anal about it either.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:52 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Not important at all- balance is important.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:11 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I would love to be able to feed my kids all organically, but the reality is that its not always an option. i think the most important thing is to feed them as healthy as you can and teach them good eating habbits. and if you can have a garden, then do, make it a project/ learning experience for you and your kids.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 10:29 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Garbage in = garbage out, so yes, the quality of the food my family eats is very important to me.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:33 AM on Oct. 25, 2010