Why do Christians raise such a fuss about their religion

but the others are more laid back (usually)

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 8:31 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Religious Debate

• well, they have a lot of wack beliefs to defend. If it wasn't for everyone questioning the bible, they would probably be a bit more quiet.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:36 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Have you ever been so excited about something that you just couldn't keep it to yourself? You just had to tell all your best friends and everyone else? Now multiply that. We get excited because we have some good news to share! Admittedly some of us get a little overboard and forget that some people want nothing to do with their faith, which is their choice, and should move on to telling someone else the wonderful news.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 8:40 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• It's not the "cool" thing to do. People have been questioning the validity of the bible for thousands of years. Nothing new.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:39 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Because most of the questions on here have to do with christians.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:58 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Mainly because the Christian religion is constantly attacked. You get attacked often enough, you become defensive.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 10:54 PM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Ummmmmm have you been hearing about that Muslim mosque debate...hardly relaxed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I think your perspective is influenced by the culture in which you find yourself. Some people tend to have more "fundamentalist" mentalities and I think that tendancy can be found in all religions. I even know a handful of fundamentalist atheists. I don't think Christianity concentrates that type of personality any better than other religions. It's just louder here in the states because most people also happen to be Christian.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 9:00 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• its paranoia i guess.. and the Muslims deserve that mosque i dont care what sacred ppl say not all Muslims are terrorists ..
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 9:45 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Why does anyone 'raise a fuss', as you say, about their beliefs?  I would guess that folks like to talk about what they are passionate about.  For some, its God, for some, its any number of topics seen in this debate section  :-)   I would hardly call any religion 'laid back'.  Even lack of religion (agnosticism and atheism) gets its share of the spotlight, and sometimes, folks are just as passionate when those subjects arise as some Christians are when their faith is discussed.

kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 11:13 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Kittie- Witchqueen (and myself) and anything but confused... you're new around here, aren't you? Stick around a while, you'll learn our background, then perhaps not say things that are so funny.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:01 PM on Oct. 25, 2010