so im super nervous about labor (2wks away) any reasuring words:)i might not be able for the epidural (low platlets) but some days there high so we will see

i know it should have sank in i am stationed overseas my hubby being airforce and my mama cant make it for the birth i wouldnt be so scared if she were going to be here but its just part of being a military wife

landonsMOMMY500

Asked by landonsMOMMY500 at 8:45 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It will be okay! The nurses will be awesome! They will be your support system, talking you through and helping you relax. Just focus on holding that beautiful baby and you can overcome anything.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 8:47 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I'd be studying up on Lamaze to make it easier on you not to mention keep you in control. That's what scary, not being in control. Once you know what to do in labor to help yourself and your body you can focus on the task and less likely to be afraid when it starts. I didn't have anyone there for the birth of my first two children and like shanna84 said, the nurses can be awesome and very helpful. You will be fine.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:53 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Its not as horrible as everyone makes it out to be. The worst part of labor isn't really the intensity of pain so much as if you cant relax a strained muscle and it's tiring, So even if you can't have an epidural I know you can do it, it's what our bodies are designed for, and trust me the old saying that you really forget the pain is true, once they hand you that precious little baby all you will be able to remember is how he/she looked and be amazed that you made that sweet angel, good luck momma and remember to relax above all else. :)
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 8:54 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• sadly they dont offer lamaze over here (okinawa japan) i cant go off base language barrier but that would have been awsome
    landonsMOMMY500

Comment by landonsMOMMY500 (original poster) at 8:57 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• You can do it! It is hard, but you CAN do it! Fill up an iPod or mp3 player full of all of your favorite music, have your hubby massage your back, breathe calmly. As hard as it will be, don't focus on the pain. I have had 2 drug free births, and I am a huge wimp.

Good luck! Focus on the end result and know that it is all worth it. Once the baby is born, you will forget all about the pain!

Big Hugs!
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 9:03 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I saw some links that might be helpful when I Googled "birth breathing". Even reading some techniques might be helpful in some small way. You could practice then by yourself too. HUG
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:13 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• The really good thing about labor and the pain is that there is a wonderful end to it. I would not begin to say that it doesn't hurt like HELL, but it will be over.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:21 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• before I had my son my mom told me not to tense up during contractions cause that hinders your bodies ability to dialate and that really made a difference, I had no pain killers and I didnt take lamaze so I didn't know the special techniques there but I just took slow deep breaths and kept my self relaxed and I dialated fast. With my second I was induced and the pain was horrendous so I kept tensing up and dialated slow, until I had pain killers and could relax.
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 9:23 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• get a friend to b with you it helps haveing smebody there.. im allergic to epi so i cant have it i was afraid my first kid that it would hurt but it didnt at all just listen to your body and understand everything pain/pressure everything is normal and needed to get the baby out to you :)
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 9:41 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• you just have to relax even though you're extremely nervous. before my son was born i just didnt know what to expect with labor, and i had an epidural but it wore off and i felt every single thing during labor (which wasn't fun!). just breathe slowly and deeply, and the nurses are definitely your support system. good luck!
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 10:07 AM on Oct. 25, 2010