Birth control pills for my Daughter

I am on them myself. But she seems to think there is some type of birth control that stops your period. Is there such a thing? Please let me know. Also trying to get out of going to school too! I have given her Aleve with 2 each time. Given her heating pad also! Nothing seems to work. Am i missing something?

4theloveofTink

Asked by 4theloveofTink at 8:47 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• The depo-provera shot usually stops periods. If she has horrible periods, you should talk with her doc, alot of bc can regulate symptoms.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 8:49 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• the depo stopped my periods all together, and there is a pill now that only gives you 3periods a year
    alcnic27

Answer by alcnic27 at 8:49 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Yes there is such a pill, can't think of the name but ask the gyno!

Answer by older at 8:50 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• There is a pill where you only have 4 periods a year its called seasonique or something like that
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 8:53 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Is that healthy for a girl her age NOT to have her periods?
    4theloveofTink

Comment by 4theloveofTink (original poster) at 8:55 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Could she be over dramatizing her pain to stay home?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:56 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• in reality there is no NEED for our periods other then to repoduce
    alcnic27

Answer by alcnic27 at 8:58 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• She can be a little bit of a DRAMA QUEEN.........but she had cramps when she went to bed lastnight. She's awake laying in bed, has'nt eaten anything so i can give her an Aleve. Thinks she's not going
    4theloveofTink

Comment by 4theloveofTink (original poster) at 9:00 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I went on birth control long before I was even thinking about kissing a boy because I had periods that would last for long lengths of time like 3 weeks or so. And I got my period starting at 8 so it was hard to deal with. When I started pills although I did not take the one that limited how many periods that I got in a year it was great because it did the job that my body was not doing, regulation.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:02 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• If she starts a new pack of pills after she finishes the 3rd week (instead of taking the 4th week placebo pills from the original pack) then she won't have her period. There is a pill out there now that does this for you, you'd have to ask her dr the name of it but it is available. I was on NuvaRing for a couple years - instead of leaving it out a week and then inserting a new ring I would put in a new ring as soon as I took the old one out so I didn't have my period (this was okay'ed by my dr!).
    With the pill that is out, you only have a period 4 times/year instead of every month.

Answer by missanc at 9:17 AM on Oct. 25, 2010