A Spirit in my house, or not... (Not a religion question)

It started when we moved here. When I take pictures of our boys there's always an orb in the picture. I have cleaned the lense, taken them in the dark, light, no blinds open, with them all open and it's always the same. I'm still not completely convinced. The spot is only in pics with our boys, not with anyone else, dogs, Hubby, or myself.
Then this morning my oldest (14)was in my bedroom, and was looking in the mirror on my dresser, turned to walk out, and saw what he said was a child, in blue and red. I got goosebumps when he told me, but I didn't really react, because I didn't want to scare our younger ones. What do ya'll think? Should I just let it go? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• All personal belief. I believe. When we take walks on an ocassion or many LOL, my 2 yr old has said HI and waved to people on porches....in houses that are empty and for sale. Large old houses from the beginning of the century. I have never "seen" a ghost but have experienced things. My hubby dreams of his future at times....the faces are always blurry until or unless he knows the person. Is it bothering your son? Children are more in tune with these things because as we grow to adults we are told not to believe them. Babies are more "psychic" as well because they are just coming from the other "realm" as you could call it. I have read a lot of Sylvia Browne's books and a lot of her beliefs made sense to me. You can msg me to discuss further if you want. I am not getting into a heated discussionn on here with those who don't believe.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:07 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Sometimes when you start to get freaked about something like that, our minds begin to play tricks on us. First take that into consideration. Secondly, Orbs have been de-bunked for a long time. There is no corralation between orbs in photo's & ghosts, professional photographers can explain easily why orbs happen. I would not make a big deal about it, but keep your antenna's up. If there is a spirit of sone kind in your home, being freaked out by it will only make it worse. Ignore it & treat it like a pet in your home, or tell it to please leave. You can also burn sage in your house.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:01 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Me I would just let it go but it apparently really bothering you. I just don't believe in things like that. You might try talking to someone else about it and have someone look at the pictures and see what they think.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:59 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• OP- Honestly it's not scaring me, it's quite the opposite actually. I'm intrigued. I want to know more, what, or who it is.. If it is just dust in my house, which isn't an old house btw, then I will just let it go at that. The pictures didn't really bother me, I had seen the spot, and passed it off until others started to notice. I guess this morning was what kind of freaked me out,lol... When our son told me about it, he looked like he was "spooked" for lack of a better term.... I guess I could try to get in touch with someone who does paranormal stuff. Again, I'm not scared, I don't feel uneasy here, just really curious. TY Ladies!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:06 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• If it doesn't scare you or the kids, the spirit or energy is not going to harm anyone.

Answer by older at 9:10 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I would not try to contact any spirits. I was raised Hindu & we believe that most spirits are not "good" ones. We believe our souls reincarnates, but if we have too much attachment to this world, then our soul may stay behind. The thing is, souls that have too much attachment to the physical world tend to be very low, negative souls. They are not good. So, i would not try to contact it or hire anyone. That is a huge mistake lots of people make. It could surround you with bad energy for a long time. Don't invite a spirit who so badly wants to be human again. Ignore it.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:12 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• LOL! Sylvia Brown is a complete fake.....she told one woman that her misson son was dead & her son was eventually found. Sylvia Brown...LOL, don't believe a word that whack job says!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:14 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• Ooo, I agree that if noone is scared then its prolly ok. I believe in that stuff and honestly it would freak me out whether it was a friendly spirit or not but im a chicken. Lol, im intrigued a bit...can u share a couple pics? I'd like to see!
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 9:14 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I don't believe so much in spirits haunting a place as I do places having "memories." Children, as you well know, have lots of energy so the kid your child saw probably lived there at some point. Kids do tend to pick up on those "memories" more easily than adults do.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 9:15 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I personally have had no experience with this type of thing, however, several years ago I had a friend who swore there was a ghost in their house. They, like you, were never afraid of the ghost, but they were convinced it was there. Their experiences included things like pictures being re-arranged on a wall or all the towels being shifted from one shelf to another.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 9:17 AM on Oct. 25, 2010