Hmmm...Kind of urgent.

Ok, I recently posted a question b/c after sex I had some slight spotting, and I was wondering if you girls had any advice. I'm not really trying to call my doc everytime something goes down. I posted this question earlier and had one answer, the answer was anonymous and was "touching the cervix can cause labor"...uhm ok, I've heard that, but I'm talking about sexual activity. I'm 20 weeks. Any advice could do! :) Thanks ladies.

Sorry, if it's TMI.

DirtBikerMomma9

Asked by DirtBikerMomma9 at 9:04 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• During sex, a man's penis often touches the cervix, which CAN trigger labor. That's probably why the person said what they did. If you're really concerned, call your doctor.
    Anonymous

• well they were kind of right... sperm can cause you to dilate.

for any spotting or bleeding though always call your doc. you should not be bleeding in pregnancy, even a little.
    Anonymous

• Just call your doctor to be safe. They are used to getting phone calls like that.

I had sex up to my delivery dates and never had spotting.
    mwebb

Answer by mwebb at 9:06 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• u should call ur dr.. its his/her job plus u its better to inform them every time u have spotting to keep track of it. a lot of the time its nothing a lot of woman have spotting early.
    Anonymous

• yeah i agree, any bleeding you should let your doctor know asap to be on the safe side. its normal to spot a little after sex, but even if its normal yuo should still report it to your doctor to be on the safe side.
    Anonymous

• my dr usually asks if i have had sex recently before he does an internal exam - if you have sex it can cause slight spotting because of the sensitive membranes - if it is from sex it should go away in a day -
    if it continues go to your doctor and they will find the answer for you
    spotting can be from sex, yeast infection, soft sopt on the cervix, opening of the cervix, etc...
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 9:16 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• If it only seems to happen after sex, I would take it easy the next few days and def mention it when you go to the Dr next...if its alot of bleeding I would call right away.
    ELC

Answer by ELC at 9:24 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I had sex 2 day befour my due date and started to bleed I called my doc. and they told me to come in my placenta had a hole in it the size of a 50 cent they had to and I went into Labor had the baby 3 hrs later call your doc. its not good to bleed while your Pregnant
    Anonymous

• Go ahead and put a call into the doctor. You can have normal spotting after sex during pregnancy...but any amount should be reported to the doctor. Trust me, I've called my doctor so much during this pregnancy it's ridiculous. Never be afraid to call them, regardless of how minor you may think it is.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 9:35 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I would call your doctor just to be safe i had the same thing happen at 10 weeks and lost the baby
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 9:40 PM on Oct. 29, 2008