The polls are starting to show that the race for the Presidency is tightening anyone worried?

It seems that some of the current polls show Obama is really only ahead by a few points is anyone worried about what this could mean for Tuesday?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Nope. Not worried at all. In fact, the polls I've seen show Obama's lead is widening.
    Anonymous

• i hope that it means that McCain will win!
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 9:11 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Not sure what polls you're referring to..unless it's the AOL one.

I don't pay much attention to polls anyway. They only poll those who they think will vote, and studies have shown that there will be more first time voters Tuesday than ever before. They also only poll those with land-lines, and a majority of younger voters (and older ones like myself) use only a cell-phone. So, many analysts think that Obama may in fact have a larger lead than the polls indicate.

msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 9:14 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I LOVE the AOL poll! LOL
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:19 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• nope, i don't trust the polls.
    i think we won't find out who is actually winning until election day/night.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 9:24 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• TIPP Poll (considered the nation's most reliable): Obama holds a 3-point lead, http://www.tipponline.com/

Rasmussen: Obama holds a 3-point lead, http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

Gallup: Obama holds a 3-point lead,
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/111619/Gallup-Daily-Obama-Maintains-Edge-Over-McCain.aspx
    Anonymous

• I agree with heatherama. The polls have been very wrong in the past. I'm not going to relax until The election is over and I know the outcome.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 9:28 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• McCain 3 pt. lead next week.
    Anonymous

• I hope this mean McCain will be our next president.
    Anonymous

• I don't think the election is going to be decided on Nov. 4th anyway. I think there are waaay too many questions about Florida's problem with known felons who are voting, and with Ohio's issues, OMG, who can even think that next week, the people of this land are going to allow that Ohio's ballots to count? I can't figure out how the polls are able to give any figures as it is, anyway. Does anyone know how those things work?
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 10:22 PM on Oct. 29, 2008