uncontested divorce cost?

I know it can vary, but ballpark how much am I looking at? Everything is already agreed upon, we don't have much assets except the house and car. We are in Kentucky.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Relationships

• my hubby paid $250 (NC)
    Anonymous

• It's under $300 in PA too.
    chickadee8654

Answer by chickadee8654 at 9:10 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I'm not sure, my hubby and I are wanting to do the same thing and we live in Ky, Greenup Co. I thought about calling some lawyers and asking, but not sure if they charged anything fo rasking or not.
    Anonymous

• Holy CRAP. It was gonna cost me $1000 here in Alabama. The only way you can go to the courthouse an get a lawyer for this is if you go through something like Penelope House. But when I went to talk to a lawyer he said $1000!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:25 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• My divorce in Florida was $2500 8 years ago. I would go online to LegalZoom and see what they can do, You could probably download the papers and file them yourself...saving a bundle.
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 9:30 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• mine cost me about 150 i did most of it myself and just paid filing fees and process server fees. i even had them defer the court fees and i requested that he pay for it. although not sure if that happened. don't remember. i live in az and was a long time ago.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:49 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• What sucks is that in KY you have to go to mandatory Families in Transition class if you have kids. This is the only thing that is keeping me from trying to file myself. I may still try though. I probably just have to submit the completion form to the court I guess..
    Anonymous

• I live in AZ and we we didn't ned lawyers so it just cost the $250 filing fee. My ex was nice enough to pay it for me.
    StepJenni

Answer by StepJenni at 10:08 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I did a NC divorce in KY for $495.00

Answer by admckenzie at 11:07 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• p.s. you can go to Legal Aid if money is a problem and see if they can do it for nothing or a sliding scale fee

Answer by admckenzie at 11:08 PM on Oct. 29, 2008