Does anyone take Levothyroxine 50MCG tablet?

I usually get up and take it when hubby gets up then go back to bed till he leaves. I have to wait an hour before eating, drinking coffee and so on....I don't want an hour after i get up to take it. I like to get up and have coffee right away. This pill is a pain in the butt. Anyway.......I don't remember if i took it or not this morning and was wondering if it's ok to take one due to memory loss LOL or just not take it for today and go about my day!

4theloveofTink

Asked by 4theloveofTink at 9:15 AM on Oct. 25, 2010 in Health

• It is the generic for Synthroid for your Thyroid. If you are not sure whether or not you took a pill today, wait until tomorrow morning to take it. You should not double up the dosage. This medication should have come with a drug information leaflet from your Pharmacy. You should always keep these leaflets to refer back to just in case you have a question. One missed day will not make a big difference since your dosage is very low. You could also call the Doctor that prescribed it & ask their recommendation.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:43 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• ...I'm going to have blood work done next month to see how it's doing. Thanks so much
    4theloveofTink

Comment by 4theloveofTink (original poster) at 9:48 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I do only mine is 125mcg and I know it sucks you can still have your coffee you just can't eat
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 10:46 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• When this has happened to me I have counted how many pills are in the bottle to determine if I'd already taken it or not. I did once accidentally take a second dose, and I highly recommend NOT doing that. I flet like I had just drank two pots of coffee, and my hands shook or trembled most of the day. If you can't determine for sure that you have not taken it, then wait until tomorrow.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:51 AM on Oct. 25, 2010

• I found one of those pill containers for M,T,W,TH,F,S,S while cleaning out some stuff and just remembered i found it yesterday! DUH! That will help a great deal for me. It's small enough for 1-3 pills.
    4theloveofTink

Comment by 4theloveofTink (original poster) at 5:10 PM on Oct. 25, 2010